Pages

November 3, 2012

Twisted Sister


Posted by c emerson's Alter Ego:

When I hear music, well it makes me wanna' dance.  Cynthie get up and dance to the music. Bobbie all we need is a drummer, but I'll add a little guitar to make it easy to move your feet. And some bottom so the dancers just won't hide. Disco and all; feelin' the city, not just some flower on the wall.

Then the beat picks up, and yeah I wanna' rock. No, no, no, no, NO. I wanna' rock.  So Jack o' Hearts, what are you, anyway, some kind of man of the mountains, some manipulator of crowds? Just a dream twister. But I see you got blood on your face. Waving your banner all over the place. But we will we will Rock you.

Here's to state bar and the old soap bar, down in Deep Ellum, Dallas. Sorry the cowboy burned down. You can bet they'll fix it soon. And here's also to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, and the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge to Staten Island.  So ... Perk, how 'bout saving the last dance for me?


***
Credits:
- When I Hear Music, Debbie Deb (1984)
   (you can search by song title at YouTube here)
- Dance to the Music, Sly & the Family Stone (1968)
- Stayin' Alive, Bee Gees (1977)
- Flowers on the Wall, The Statler Brothers (1965)
- I Wanna Rock, Twisted Sister (1984)
-Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts, Bob Dylan (1974)
- Jokerman, Bob Dylan (1983)
- We Will Rock You, Brian May and Queen (1977)
- Save the Last Dance For Me, The Drifters (1960)
- Deep Ellum, Dallas (and some special memories)
- friends in Austin, Bastrop, Phoenix, Dallas and Elkhart who know how to hear the music
- Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, and the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, settings for "Saturday Night Fever" (1977); an area I toured by motorcar (1969) and hiked (1993)
- Big Tex (1952-2012; 2nd life 2013- ), Texas State Fair Grounds, Dallas (Navy 20 Rice 7, 1958) (Rice 28 Alabama 6, 1954)
- Deep Ellum, Dallas (yes that's right twice)



2 comments:

  1. If you are not used to listening to Bob Dylan live, this might not be the time to start. But searching Jokerman in the player brings up a Letterman performance I had not heard or seen before; also a live performance in Germany where you can actually hear all the words. As for Sly's song, I found a version set to a Peanuts animation! Happy play-listing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Bar of Soap somedays, but I never miss the music, it's in my soul.

    ReplyDelete


Ask a question or share your thoughts.

Tip: You may create any "name" you want by selecting the "name/URL" line in the menu area below. Your URL is completely optional. You may also create a link to your own site by selecting one of the "open ID" lines.

Viewing Hint: Click on a posting's title in the blog's left margin to display just that posting with any related comments below it.