Pages

August 13, 2008

Housekeeping, Lucky 13

        
Hola!  Mi amigo:


Willkomen, bienvenue, welcome!
Fremde, etranger, stranger.
Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante,
happy to see you . . .
im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret.


Bonjour, mon ami,
time for a little howskeep-een,
for your blogging pleasure.

A few readers have asked me . . .

How to see the comments more easily.  Click on the title of any of the postings listed in the left margin. This will display that posting with its comments (if any) below.  Otherwise the software will not display the comments on the main page.  Sorry, désolé, perdón.

How to post a comment.  Click the tiny little statement at the bottom of the post that says "x comments, click to submit or read."  Luv'n it!   But if you have already clicked on the title of a posting in the left margin, then you must scroll to the bottom of the comment area and click on the tiny little statement that says "Post a Comment."  Go figure.

How to find the best posting.  Trial and error.

How to subscribe.  I've added a "Subscribe To" gadget in the left margin.  I have NO IDEA how it works. Warning, I sometimes edit a posting after it has been published, so I don't know what that will do to your automatic feed.  Hey, I make mistakes, mit ihr leben.

How old am I.  Hush your mouth.

How dumb am I.  Grr..

Why doesn't my comment show up right away.  Because I'm usually asleep at the wheel.

Vendrá otra vez, come again, por favor.  You see, I set a setting in the settings so that I must approve a comment before it is displayed.  This is the only way I can screen out spam, advertising and all the negative remarks some of you make.  Just kidding.  As long as a comment is clean and not an advertisement, I'll probably publish it.  No, I cannot edit it.  It's all thumbs up or thumbs down for ye.

Can I keep my name out of this.  YES, please do.  I probably don't want to know who you are anyway.  So just make up something secretive or funny or illustrative and plug it into the name slot below the comment box and then SKIP over the URL slot.

Note, if you include your real URL along with a secretive name above it I'LL KNOW WHO YOU ARE  ( . . . and one of you wanted to know how dumb am I . . . hehe . . . just kidding . . . luv'n it, LOL).  Brb, k?  AFK.  Ty, np, keep the comments coming.  Omg, the comments are the surprise packages under the Christmas Tree.  Omg.  Bff?  Did you know there is a dictionary for this texting stuff?  And we all thought Chaucer sounded funny.

I'm sure I've overlooked somebody's pleasant and thoughtful question.  Resubmit.

Oh . . .

Why all the foreign words.  Just trying to make everyone feel at home here.  Vielen dank.

Hey: 13 is my lucky number, today is August 13, I have a child born on the 13th of one of the months, this is the 13th posting on this blog.  Ain't Life Great!

So get giggy with it - -

Bienvenido ................ Spanish
Vítejte........................ Czech
Witamy...................... Polish

Benevento.................. Italian

Barach Habah ............ Yiddish
καλώς όρισες............. Greek
 مرحبا ........................... Arabic
歡迎............................ Chinese
ようこそ.......................  Japanese
환영............................ Korean
स्वागत......................... Hindi



     * * *

Credits -
      Lyrics:  the musical, Cabaret (1972)
      Translations:  Google Translation Tool at

                                           http://translate.google.com/translate
                                     Dictionary of Judaica at
                                           http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/dict.txt
    
            

No comments:

Post a Comment


Ask a question or share your thoughts.

Tip: You may create any "name" you want by selecting the "name/URL" line in the menu area below. Your URL is completely optional. You may also create a link to your own site by selecting one of the "open ID" lines.

Viewing Hint: Click on a posting's title in the blog's left margin to display just that posting with any related comments below it.