March 30, 2013
Death Valley Nat'l Park: a place to stop, look and listen.
Especially nice on a Harley at 70 mph.
Or on foot ... as the sun is falling
Now to find a quiet place to read.
Some place more elevated, say 4500 feet, but not at Telescope's rocking 11,331 feet. Snow in Death Valley in late March? Absolutely. 91 degrees on the floor; 40 degrees at 5 am where I'm camping.
The flora seem not to mind. Barrel cacti and saltbrush alike.
Heading home for the night.
I love shadows and windscreens.
See you on the road one day.
- photos courtesy c emerson (March 2013)
- Death Valley Nat'l Park
- Furnace Creek, California (91 degrees)
- Wild Rose Canyon (60 degrees)
- Telescope Peak (35 degrees)
- Mt. Charleston, NV (through the windscreen)
- A warm shower and soft bed (gorgeous)
While you're at it, check out my latest post, "Self: What it is like to be you" on Ideas are Physical.